Horses and Dressage

This site is a place for me to talk about horses, dressage and equine products.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Product review: Slick N' Easy

Today I am going to do a product review on Farnham's Slick N' Easy. The name of the product makes my dirty mind go right to the gutter. But I will say the product is a must have for this time of year. What is it? Well it is this porous black block about the size of a kitchen sponge, and you use the corners/edge to go over the horses body and pull of loose hair and bot eggs.

I am going to focus on the hair removal part. I am one that did not trace clip or body clip my horse this year. Mainly because he was turned out at night during the winter and I just couldn't do it no matter how many blankets I put on him.

Now back to the product. So down here in North Carolina it is coat sheading time. And Dublin is dropping hair like crazy. I was introduced to the Slick N' Easy block a few years back and it works wanders. After you do a quick brush over the horse, use the edge of the block and go over him with small stroks. It pulls out the lose hair and the almost lose hair easily and very quickly. When the edge gets dull you just rub the block against a rough surface. You can speed up the time it takes the horse to shead a full winter coat.

State Line Tack has the product listed on their site for $2.69. Go to www.statelinetack.com and enter into the search box product number "051673". (with out the "").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home