Horses and Dressage

This site is a place for me to talk about horses, dressage and equine products.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

"The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man"

That quote from Winston Churchill is so true. Yesterday I had a really rotten day. To the point of sitting in my office and just crying. I was IM'ing with my husband and all he said is "get out and go to the barn to see Dublin".

So I hauled myself out of the office (actually I sprinted out) and went to the barn. Dublin was already in his stall having dinner. I went in and brushed on him for a few minutes. But with his new spring coat that is so slick that was very short work. I put everything away and then went back into his stall. There is a little threshold in the door way, so I sat down. I continued to cry, be pissed and generally in a bad mood.

Dublin had moved to his hay which was across the stall from me. He knew something was terribly wrong and not sure what to do with me. So he ate. Surprise, surprise. But after getting a mouthful of hay, we would swing around and check on me. Then he would put his nose on my head or shoulder as almost a hug. Then he would go back to eating and come back and check on me every so often.

We sat there for about 45 minutes. Or at least until I was ready to get up and face the world again. Just by being there and looking at his beautiful self and sharing a special moment, my worries and stresses didn't seem that important.

"The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" is so true and I thank him for being there for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home