Horses and Dressage

This site is a place for me to talk about horses, dressage and equine products.

Monday, March 21, 2005

My horse should be blad!!!

This weekend was dedicated to being a spa weekend for Dublin. This is something that he is sure he was born to participate in. I have never seen a horse enjoy the process more. After all our strange weather patterns (80 degrees one day and snowing two days later) the temperature climb high enough for grooming, mane pulling, tail banging and baths.

Dublin is one that does not grow a thick long hair coat for winter. And now he is releasing all this hair to shed out for the summer. So each morning I leave the barn covered with his hair everywhere, including stuck to my ChapStick on my lips. I hope his hair is considered low carb, if not then that explains the sudden expansion in my rear end!

Anyway I spent several hours on Sunday working the lose hair off his body. When I paused to sweep up some of the hair before I gave him a bath, I had accumulated 1/8 of a muck bucket of hair!!! He should have been bald. I panicked and ran around him check for bald spots.

We have a show next weekend and I am afraid the judge will not be able to completely see us do to the hair cloud surrounding us. You need to visualize Pig Pen from Charlie Brown here. The good thing is she may not be able to see his feet when we don't halt square at X due to the cloud.

It is really too bad there is no way to make a little money on this excess of horse hair. Do they still make furniture with horse hair? If so I am sending them some. Of course they would have enough to either knit another horse, or enough to stuff several living rooms worth of furniture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home