Horses and Dressage

This site is a place for me to talk about horses, dressage and equine products.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Back to blogging and a new trailer

Hi all,
I have been away from blogging. For my very small following... I'll try to be better about this. I was working with a small company (the ones that actually got me started in blogging) and left to a new job. And basically June was one busy month. I started a new, very intense job, moved Dublin to yet another new farm and moved into my brand newly constructed house. All this in a three week period. I'll just say that it is a good thing I am open to change!

So with all that said, I am going to try to get back into writing down some of my thoughts and experiences with the horse. The most recent exciting news is I have FINALLY purchased a brand new trailer. I am so excited to be mobile again. have watched for trailers online at http://www.horsetrailerworld.com/home/newhome.asp for the longest time. Then one day I found exactly what I wanted. And by the time I had called, called my husband and bank and then called back to the dealer it was sold.

I was so frustrated, not only did I just want a trailer so I could stop bumming rides off my friends, I was worried about not being able to get Dublin to the vet school should something go wrong. This new farm where he is located is wonderful. However their trailer is too small and on a good day there would be no way Dublin would even get close to their trailer. So with the frustration of finding a year old trailer and then losing it in a matter of 30 minutes, I called around to the local dealers. I knew what I wanted and how much I wanted to pay, I just needed to find it.

I was VERY lucky. I emailed a dealer in Ashville called Ken Feagin Truck and Trailer Sales. I told Randy, the salesman, I was looking for a 2 horse Trail-et with a dressing room used. He wrote back and said he had a brand new one that had a very small "wrinkle" in the tail curtain and would sell it to me at cost. Well that didn't take me long to think that one through. So that Saturday my husband and I were on our way to Ashville (3 and 1/2 hours away) to look at and bring it home.

I grinned the whole way home. I have been wanting this trailer for over four years. I couldn't stand myself I was so excited. Once we got back to town, my husband suggested we park it in front of our house for the night (it was early evening by the time we got home) and for us to fix ourselves a celebratory drink and to sit on the front porch and stare at it. You have got to love a man (who is non-horsy) to understand the importance of this moment.

On Sunday I went and picked up Dublin, who walked right onto his new trailer and seemed to know it was all his. And we headed to my trainer's place to ride for the day. Since then I have had great pleasure in putting all my stuff in the dressing room and looking at all the catalogs for all the little stuff I need for it. I have even signed up for a horseshow just so I can go somewhere.... Oh the simple pleasures of life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home